Product-related video content is the key to generating leads that turn into sales. Delivering quality and informative video doesn’t have to break the budget.
When people want to learn about your product or service, video content has several advantages:
Listen to the Full Podcast Episode in iTunes or Below
- People expect to watch and share videos about your offerings.
- You can convey a lot more information with video than other formats.
- People comprehend video at higher rates than text.
- You have the ability to form a stronger connection with your audience in videos.
However, video can be expensive to create if you model your video marketing strategy after the big brands that you encounter every day. It doesn't have to be this way.
In this week’s episode, I'll share with you the trick to generating a lot of authentic product videos without a big marketing team or a big budget.
I'll also lay a framework aimed at middle of the funnel content offers for small marketing teams. This half educational, half product-oriented information is an important part of generating qualified leads.
I'll kick off this episode of the Pipeline Ops podcast with a story about positioning. You'll see how some ideas that can feel risky, can be just what your business needs.
(2:15) The power of picking a position in your market.
Learn about a local business that created strong positioning for their company by clearly spelling out who their target customer is, as well as who they are not looking to serve.
(6:25) Ideas for middle of the funnel marketing content.
For those listeners that hear me talk about middle of the funnel content, but aren't sure where to start, this is a must-listen episode. You'll learn the three types of middle of the funnel marketing offers that I recommend before all else.
(15:00) Don’t let video content intimidate you.
Experienced marketers know that content is only effective when it is consistent. This rule also applies to video content.
Often, smaller marketing companies reach out to bigger companies to help them create videos. Learn why this can be a dangerous practice for small marketing teams.
This episode focuses on how to create middle of the funnel product videos. This is applicable to any small marketing team, but as always, make adjustments where needed to fit your market.
Let’s get started.
A step-by-step guide to creating product videos
- Choose the right equipment (2:50) While iPhones are welcome, there are some other (often inexpensive) products you will need to get started.
- Set-up your space (4:30) Before you hit the record button, you need to make sure you’ve found the perfect space. You'll also need to think ahead about what you're going to discuss.
- Hit the record button (9:00) It’s important to kick-off with the right tone. Make sure you introduce yourself and keep it human throughout. Keep your presentation concise, while packing a lot of clear value.
- Edit your masterpiece (11:30) Once you’ve got all the pieces, it's time to start matching them together. Learn how to successfully layer all the components to create one awesome product video.
Check out the full episode for even more details. If you want more information about where you should host your completed videos, listen to last week's episode here.