Harnessing the power of social media has been a cornerstone of successful sales strategies within the past few years. Especially in 2020, when millions of road warriors were grounded overnight and forced to work remotely, knowing how to access and sell to prospects virtually is a necessity for modern sales teams.
With nearly 700 million active users and lead conversion rates 3X higher than other major ad platforms (including Google Ads), LinkedIn offers tremendous opportunities for your sales team. However, like any technology, the true value of social selling on LinkedIn can only be realized through the right sales process, training, and methodology.
I talk about maximizing LinkedIn’s sales power with Colleen McKenna, Founder & CEO of Intero Advisory, on this week’s episode of the Modern Sales Management Podcast.
Colleen’s unique method focuses on leveraging human connection and technology to reach your company’s recruiting, branding, and business development goals.
Colleen and I also discuss:
- How to sell on LinkedIn without ruining relationships and losing connections
- LinkedIn as a sale tool vs. a form of social media
- Optimizing your LinkedIn profile to “show up” and be a great first impression for your prospects
- Why LinkedIn is a valuable TOF tool and how to leverage its power
- Tips on establishing credibility on LinkedIn
- How to build an intentional sales network on LinkedIn
- How to fix the gaps in your LinkedIn network in order to connect with top clients
- Tips on setting up sales meetings via LinkedIn
- How to create a “surround sound” system of communication for your clients, with LinkedIn being one of many different channels
- How to create a sales process using LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator
- Why a salesperson’s LinkedIn profile should be used as a marketing tool for your company and how to do just that
- How to jumpstart your network on LinkedIn
- Tips on creating a LinkedIn sales strategy and how to avoid the most common mistakes sales managers make
- Sales tips for former “road warriors” in 2020 and beyond
- What sales teams can expect in the future and how to best prepare for these changes